Wednesday 21 September 2011

my thrifting wishlist - part two

Do you have a thrifting wishlist? Items that, if you're very lucky, you will come across one day. Preferably tucked in a box in the back of the charity shop, or under a table at a car boot sale, just to make the find that little bit more special.

I've decided to put my wishlist out there into the universe, in the hopes that they will come my way.

Item 2 - retro bride painting
 
 
I came across this image in Living etc magazine a few years ago. The painting of the bride jumped out at me immediately and I was hooked. I love the colours, the style and the unusual perspective of the picture. Occasional eBay searches have come to nothing, but I live in hope that one day she will appear.
 
And isn't this room the perfect setting for her? The simple colour scheme lets her shine, with a hint of the colours echoed in the cermaics on the shelf.
 
What's on your thrifting wishlist?

1 comment:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I'll keep an eye out for her on my travels!