Monday 6 June 2011

yellow and brown

Hello to anyone stopping by after I linked from Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures and Thrift Share Mondays at Apron Thrift Girl. I've been exploring the links from these posts for a while now, and had been itching to join in!

I had a spare afternoon today, and as I was already in the area of my favourite charity shops, it made sense to stop by.


These aren't the colours I am usually drawn to, but spoke to me anyway. The little mug says April 1968 - I'm not sure what it is commemorating, and will have to do some investigating. And I wasn't sure how old the sifter was, but thought it would look nice on the kitchen shelves. Having given it a clean and seen how many year's worth of old cake was embedded in the seams, I think it is older than I guessed!

They are sat on sweet vintage skirt, which was even more of a bargain as it was half price on clothing today (I hadn't realised until the lady on the till told me).

No comments: